Strong in R&D
- Narada is placing a heavy emphasis on battery R&D so to generate new products and open up application fields for secondary batteries.
- This R&D effort supports Narada’s Lead Acid and Rechargeable Lithium battery business as also activities in battery systems engineering.
- These activities are carried out in the main R&D center in Linan and at the Lithium battery production facility in Linping, both located close to Hangzhou.
- A total of 215 persons (2014) are engaged in this activity with over 30% of them carrying masters or PhD degrees.
- So to maintain close contact with Academia and the scientific community at large, Narada is hosting several external Chinese and foreign scientists, researchers and consultants at its facilities.
- This helps, with ”out-of-the-box” thinking, in formulating new product strategies and solving production and quality issues.
CNAS Accredited Battery Performance Test Laboratories
- Narada places high value on being able to perform battery qualification tests for both its institutional and commercial customers.
- To ensure full traceability of methods and equipment, its battery test laboratories have been certified to comply with ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and China National Accreditation Board CNAS-CL01 requirements (CNAS L4860).
- Lead acid and Lithium batteries are tested according to both Chinese National(YD/T and GB/T) and International IEC standards.
- Engineers and scientists of Narada are also active in the field of defining Chinese National and International Standards for batteries and battery systems.
Battery Materials Test Equipment
- Rechargeable batteries require a precise and reliable interplay of material for the storage of energy and their operation in the field.
- The research laboratories of Narada are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment to help its researches to precisely define and optimize the many materials and compounds used in battery design, manufacturing and operation.
- Narada has intellectual property rights for its core battery and battery manufacturing technologies and has been granted many Science and Technology Progress awards.
- The patent portfolio of Narada encompasses over 90 patents covering inventions, utility models and designs of electrochemically active materials, cells, batteries and battery storage systems.
|No||Project name||Project level|
|1||High performance lead carbon start-stop battery||2014 Industrial Transformation Provincial Level Project|
|2||Cloud data based renewable energy management platform development||2014 Zhejiang Province Major Technology Project|
|3||Home solar energy storage system lithium-ion battery development and industrialization||2013 National Electronic Information Industry Development Fund Bidding Project|
|4||Annual production capacity of 1000MWh energy storage system battery industrialization||2011 NDRC Strategic Emerging Industries Project|
|5||Telecom reserve long life lithium-ion battery industrialization||2011 National Department of Science and Technology Torch Light Project|
|6||Telecom used lithium-ion phosphate battery industrialization||2010 National Key Industries Revitalization Project|
|7||Portable PC used high performance polymer lithium-ion battery development and industrialization||2010 National Electronics and Information Industry Development Fund Project|
|8||Integrated hybrid micro-grid of PV/ESS development||2012 Zhejiang Province Key Technical Innovation Specific Purpose Program|
|9||Solar energy storage battery inspection and testing public service platform||2012 National Ministry of Commerce International Trade Public Service Platform Project|
|10||High power rate super battery R&D||2011 Zhejiang Province Major Technical Specific Purpose Program|
|11||High security & long life electric vehicle used lithium-ion battery industrialization and system integration technology||2011 Hangzhou City Major Technology Innovation Project|
Independent Innovation Products:
|Application||Products||Technical Innovation Level|
|Information Technology||Integrated smart telecom lithium-ion batteries||Identified by National Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, reached the international advanced level|
|Fuel cell system||Identified by National Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, reached the international advanced level|
|Renewable & Smart Grid||Combined capacitor battery||Identified by National Energy Administration, reached the international advanced level|
|Micro-grid hybrid energy storage system||The only manufacturer in China which can provide full energy storage system solutions|
|Home energy storage system||The only manufacturer in China which can provide full energy storage system solutions|
|Energy Saving||High temperature battery||Identified by National Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, reached the international advanced level|
|Port machines used energy saving motive power system||The only manufacturer in battery industry which can provide real energy saving products|
|New Energy Vehicles||Motive power module with new cooling system||Narada patented core technology products|
|Military ultra low temperature lithium-ion battery||The only manufacturer in China which can meet the military standard used in ultra low temperature conditions|
|High performance start using lithium-ion battery||Core technology products in cooperation with Porsche Germany|